RULES and regulations of Chudy Wawrzyniec 2021
- Fundacja Krok do Natury, Krucza 9, 62-100 Wągrowiec, VAT number: 766 199 79 10
- Piotr Książkiewicz Sport & Event Consulting.
II. Honorary Patronage:
- The list of patrons will be published a few weeks before the race.
III. General information:
- Ultramarathon Chudy Wawrzyniec has the character of an individual, linear (along a designated route) mountain run. The route is technically demanding – two distances selected during the course: slightly over 80 km and 3800 m elevation or just over 50 km and elevation of 2400 m. The time limit to complete the route is 16 hours. The race will take place on August 7, 2021 in the Beskid Żywiecki. Start will be in Rajcza at 4 A.M . The maximum number of competitors: 900.
- Ultramarathon Parszywa Bendoszka ( 60 km distance) is an individual, linear (along a designated route) mountain run. The route is technically demanding: 59,5 km distance and elevation of 2900 m. The time limit to complete the route is 14 hours. The race will take place on August 8, 2021 in the Beskid Żywiecki. Start is located in Rajcza at 6:00 A.M. The maximum number of competitors: 450.
- Mała Rycerzowa (distance around 20km) has the character of an individual, linear (along a designated route) mountain run. The route is technically demanding: distance 20,5km and 1100 m of elevation. The race will take place on August 8, 2021 in the Beskid Żywiecki. Start is located in Rajcza at 10:30 A.M. The time limit to complete the route is 5 hours. The maximum number of competitors: 400.
IV. Purpose of the competition
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle, ecological education and physical activity in nature.
- Promoting regions of Beskid Żywiecki and the Rajcza and Ujsoły communities.
- Giving the possibility to check sport condition and chances in sports competition.
V. Time and place:
- August 7-8 th, 2021.
- Municipal district of Rajcza, Ujsoły and trails of Beskid Żywiecki (the exact location of will be indicated at a later time).
- Schedule of the races:
- Saturday, August 7, 2021 – 4:00 A.M. – Chudy Wawrzyniec (50 km/80 km);
- Sunday, August 8, 2021 – 6:00 A.M. – Parszywa Bendoszka (60 km);
- Sunday, August 8, 2021 – 10:30 A.M. – Mała Rycerzowa (20 km).
- Location of Race office: Primary School in Rajcza (Rynek 2 street, 34-370 Rajcza)
VI. Route and distance:
- The route of the run leads through touristic trails of the Beskid Żywiecki.
- The route will be marked on its entire course with particular emphasis on parts where the route changes. The exact course of the route can be found on our website in the section: “TRASA”.
- The route is demanding – it contains significant elevations:
- Chudy Wawrzyniec – 80km:
- Distance: around 82,5km;
- Elevations: +/- 3800m;
- Time limit: 16 hours.
- Chudy Wawrzyniec – 50km:
- Distance: around 52km;
- Elevations: +/- 2400m;
- Time limit: 16 hours.
- Parszywa Bandoszka – 60 km:
- Distance: around 59,5km;
- Elevations: +/- 2900m;
- Time limit: 14 hours.
- Mała Rycerzowa:
- Distance: around 20,5 km;
- Elevations: +/- 1000m;
- Time limit: 5 hours.
- Chudy Wawrzyniec – 80km:
VII. Race office:
- The race office will be open:
- Friday, August 6th between 2 P.M. – 10 P.M., for all distances in amphitheater in Rajcza;
- Saturday, August 7th between 12 A.M. – 8 P.M. for Parszywa Bendoszka and Mała Rycerzowa in Ujsoły.;
- Sunday, August 8th between 8:00 A.M. – 9:00 A.M only for Mała Rycerzowa in Ujsoły.
VIII. Terms of participation:
- To take part, a participant must be over 18 years old. Register for the race using the application form, pay the entry fee, and will sign a statement of running on your own responsibility (legal basis: Actof 25 June 2010 on sports).
- Participants agree to processing of their personal data for the internal needs of the organizer and purposes related to the cooperation between the organizer and partners of the event.
- The participians must follow the rules of the race and and rules of Żywiecki Park Krajobrazowy (Żywiecki Landscaped Park).
- Registration is possible since January 7th, 2021 until August 1, 2021 using the electronic form available on our website: www.zapisy.krokdonatury.pl, arter this time, registration will be only allowed on the date of the event at the race office (unless the limit od applications will be reached).
- The Organizer sets the limit of application:
- Chudy Wawrzyniec 50/80km (total amount of participants): 900 competitors;
- Parszywa Bendoszka (60 km): 450 competitors;
- Mała Rycerzowa (20 km): 450 competitors.
- The person who filled the form and paid the entry fee is considered a participant.
- All participants must be verified at the race office. During the verification a participant must possess a document confirming its identification.
X. Entry fee:
- General information:
- The entry fee must be paid via electronic payment (dotpay.pl) available in the registration form;The entry fee is not valid when paid after the deadline or after the limit of places has been reached;
- Since April 1st until July 31st there is a possibility of replacing participants and giving the starter pack to another competitor;
- The entry fee is not refundable;
- Shortening, changing the course of the route and cancelling competition on one of the routes or cancelling the competition completely during their duration is not a basis of refunding the entry fee;
- In case of cancellation of the competition due to the fault of the organizer before the start, participants are entitled to a refund of the entry fee.
- Chudy Wawrzyniec (80km and 50km):
- 169,99 PLN until March 31st, 2021;
- 209,99 PLN until July 31st, 2021;
- 249,99 PLN since August 1st, 2021.
- Parszywa Bendoszka (60 km):
- 159,99 PLN until March 31st, 2021;
- 199,99 PLN until July 31st, 2021;
- 239,99 PLN since August 1st, 2021.
- Mała Rycerzowa (20km):
- 94,99 PLN until May 30th 2021;
- 109,99 PLN until July 31st 2021;
- 129,99 PLN since August 1st 2021.
- Charity starter pack:
- During the electronic registration there is a possibility to choose a charity starter pack, the entry fee will be raised by 30 PLN;
- Whole amount (reduced by the value added tax VAT – 8%) collected from the charity will be donated to the choosen foundation.
- There are two charities to pick from. The first one is Fundacja Braci Golec (The Golec Brothers Fundation) that is responsible for musical education of children in the Żywiec region while the other, Energia Społeczna (the Social Energy), organizes the Clean the Beskid action.
- The starting numer of a person who chose the charity pack will be marked with a choosen foundation logo.
- Free registration and discounts for elite runners accordingly to ITRA points:
- Free registration:
- Men ≥ 780
- Women ≥ 690
- 50% discount:
- Men ≥ 750
- Women ≥ 640
- Runners who wants take an advantage of free registration or discount must contact organizators till February 28th 2021 via e-mail: email@example.com.
- Free registration:
- As the part of entry fee, the organizer provides:
- Participation in race, electronic time measurement and route service;
- transport from the competition base to the start of the run or from the finish line to the competition base (a time schedule will be provided at a later date);
- accommodation in the competition base (in the sports hall or classroom in Rajcza) from August 6th to August 9th, 2021 – for an additional „booking” fee in the amount of 20 zł ( 100 places limit applies);
- an occasional sports gadget;
- a map of the routes;
- access to sanitary facilities before and after the start of the competition;
- bib number;
- drinks and meals along the route;
- a regenerative meal after the competition;
- medical care;
- judge service;
- statuettes and material prizes for the best runners;
- medals for all competitors, who will finish the race.
XII. Control checkpoints, nutritional points and time measurement:
- The classification is based on the electronic time measurement of a chip, which is given to participants in the starting pack and must be attached to the shoe by the laces. Measuring mats, which record participant’s appearance, are going to be placed at the start, finish and the control points. Lack of confirmation of participant’s presence at the control point may result in disqualification.
- Additionally there are checking points with perforators (like in orienteering race) on the race route . Lack of confirmation of participant’s presence at the control point with perforator may result in disqualification. Check point:
- The Oszust (Chudy Wawrzyniec 80 km route and Parszywa Bendoszka);
- The Trzy Kopce (Chudy Wawrzyniec 80 km route and Parszywa Bendoszka).
- Nutritional points will also be functioning as the control points, participants who will not appear at a certain time will not be allowed to continue the race.
- Competitors, who will get to the control checkpoint after the time limit, will not be qualified in the race, should stop the run, take off the starting bib and toe the line to instructions from the service.
- In case of not applying to the rules, the contestant during the need of an eventual rescue operation may be charged to pay all its costs and the organizer is no longer responsible of the participant.
- The list of control points is available on our website in the section “TRASA”.
- At the nutrition points, the organizer does not provide disposable cups.
- Additional control points may be added on the route, in which judges will be writing down starting bibs of the participants.
- Omitting any checkpoint will result in time penalty or disqualification (the decision belongs to the main judge).
XIII. Mandatory equipment:
- Participants are obligated to possess:
- Water conteiner or bottle/s of minimum capacity of 1 l for Chudy Wawrzyniec. Parszywa Bendoszka and 0,5 l for Mała Rycerzowa;
- Reusable cup (if the participant does not have water bottles of which he/she can drink from at the nutrition points), the organizer does not provide disposable cups; mobile phone with a battery working at least during the race;
- a mobile phone with fully charged battery;
- ID or Passport;
- emergency blanket;
- map of the routes (all participants obtain the map in the starting pack);
- starting number provided by the organizer (visible all the time during the race);
- chip for time measurement;
- a mask or scarf for cover mouth and nose (according to a health regulations)
- At all the check points and at the finish line there is a possible verification of the mandatory equipment. Lack of each of the mandatory equipment will result in 15 minute time penalty.
XIV. Individual classification:
- On all of the distances there will be a general classification of men and women – in each of them 6 best men and 6 best women will be awarded.
- In the general classification of men and women: statuettes or other trophies and material prizes with retail value of min. 25 000 PLN (to be divided into winners from all four distances);
- The condition of receiving the prizes is personal participation in the decoration ceremony – in the absence of winners prizes will not be given.
- Deposit will be available at the start of the runs for participants who would like to leave their belongings.
- The organizer does not take any responsibility for the valuable items left in the deposit (documents, cellphones and other electronic devices).
XVI. Safety measures:
- Before the race each participant is obliged to fill in a questionnaire (click here). If any answer is yes, they should give up on running the marathon.
- Participants are required to cover the nose and mouth area with a mask or gaiter on the premises of the event village including the competition office, baggage drop, shopping stalls and buffet tables.
- In the starting zone (before the race) and the finish-line area (after having completed the race and before getting a medal) it is advised to take such precautions as covering the face with a mask/gaiter or maintaining a 1.5m distance from other people.
- Starting and finish zones will be marked and the staff will implement procedures to minimize congestion and ensure that the number of runners in the zones is as low as possible.
- Please remember to arrive at the competition office without any supporters. One person at one customer service desk rule must be obeyed and people standing in lines must keep a 1.5 m distance. The proceedings of the competition office will be conducted by volunteers in order to minimize gathering and standing in lines.
- A temperature check may be made at the event space.
- The participant signing up for the races and accepting all the conditions of the agreement is obliged not to press any charges against the organizers in case of getting infected with Covid during the race.
- The participant must leave all contact details so that sanitary services may act in case an infected person has taken part in the race.
- The above mentioned recommendations and regulations may be modified following new guidelines from the Ministry of Health.
XVII. Protection of personal data:
- Personal data of participants will be processed for the purpose of the event, selection of winners and the awarding, issuance, receipt and settlement of prizes and also for marketing purposes.
- The processing of data referred to in paragraph 1 of this point in connection with the participation in the run also includes the publication of the participant’s first and last name along with the name of the city where he/she lives.
- Participants allow the organizer to use their image free of charge in order to promote running and documentation of the competition, as well as to use their image to promote the event by co-organizing entities, partners and sponsors of the competition.
- Participant has the right to check and correct their personal data.
- Providing personal data and agreeing to their processing is voluntary, but the lack of consent to its processing does not allow for the participation in the competition. By registering for the run, the participant agrees and allows the use of personal data provided by him for purpose of sending information to the participant, e.g. e-mail, text message, regular letter, of future events and commercial products, as well as internal administrative and analytical needs, in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Data of August 29th 1997, Journal of Laws nr. 133, item 883. Participant has the right to withdraw such consent and may do so at any time by directing correspondence to the organizer’s address.
- All the information about participants obtained by the organizer and contained in the application form will be saved electronically and in any case will be used in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of May 10th 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000) and the Regulation of the European Parliament and Council (EU) 2016/679 of April 27th 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC (general regulation on data protection)
XVIII. Safety, responsibility and resignation:
- Registering for the run, participants confirm the lack of health contraindications to participate in the competition and that they will run on their own risk and responsibility. In case of any damage to health or material belongings, participants will not claim compensation from the organizers or land managers in the form of PGL LP. It is therefore stated that PGL LP does not bear any responsibility for accidents arising during the event.
- The majority of the route leads in a mountainous, difficult to reach area, where providing help may involve long waiting time.
- During the eventual accident, each participant of the run is obliged to call for assistance and provide emergency assistance to the aggrieved runner. Leaving a participant in need without any help will be punished with disqualification.
- If the participant resigns during the competition, he must immediately inform the organizers. People who do not report their departure from the route may be charged with the costs of unjustified search and rescue action.
- The organizer does not provide transportation to the competition base for people who will resign from the race in cases other than accident and injury.
- Resignation during the race or absence at the start does not entitle to return of the fee.
- In the first part of the run, participants will cross the tracks of the active railway line twice ( for approx.. 1.7 km and 4.1 km of the route). The start time of the run is adjusted so that according to the timetable, the competitors had about half an hour to overcome this section without the risk of being stopped by the trail. However, it can always happen despite the timetable. In this case, the competitors have an absolute obligation to stop and let the train go.
XIX. Final resolutions:
- For safety reasons, the organizer can change or shorten the route and in cases of extreme weather conditions cancel the competition.
- Participants must have a starting bib attached to the front of the body.
- Participants should should get insurance on their own.
- The organizer does not take any responsibility for the unattended belongings.
- The organizer does not take any responsibility for the valuable items left in the deposit (documents, cellphones and other electronic devices). Please do not leave any valuable items in the deposit. In case you need to leave any valuable items, please contact the organizer.
- The organizer is insured against a civil liability toward runners. At the same time, the organizer informs that participants ate not provided with any life, health or liability insurance for sickness, accident, injury, death or any loss or damage that may occur during the event.
- The organizer reserves all rights to allow medical and paramedical Staff employed on behalf of the organizer to provide first medical help or other medical procedures, including transporting the participant to a safe place.
- The decision of the medical personnel regarding the admission or continuation of the run during the event are final and irrevocable.
- The participant takes part in the competition only at his own risk and bears the associated risk. All participants acknowledge that participation in the run is associated with physical effort and entails natural risk and risk of accidents, the possibility of personal injury and physical injury (including death). Providing the organizer with a correctly completed registration form and entry fee means that the participant considered and assessed the nature, scope and degree of risk related to participation in the race and voluntarily decided to take this risk by running only on his own responsibility.
- The participant has current medical tests allowing to take part in the run or will sign a statement about the lack of contraindications to participate in the race.
- The organizer recommends participants to perform preventive medical examinations that can confirm the lack of contraindications to participate in the run.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the regulations, about which is obliged to inform all participants before the event by writing a message on the website.
- The binding and final interpretation of these regulations is only granted to the organizators of Chudy Wawrzyniec.